Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Thursday, April 2, 2015

A to Z Challenge: B is for Britty Kitty

Welcome to Day 2 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  In case you haven't heard of this yet, the idea is to blog (almost) every day in April, taking one day for each letter of the alphabet.

Today is definitely a "stash wish list" type post...

B is for Britty Kitty

In case you've never heard of Britty Kitty before, it's a set of characters from patterns designed by Brittercup Designs.  Although Brittercup has many animals in their patterns, my favorites are of course, are the cats.

And most of all, I would love to collect all 12 of the Monthly Britty Kitties designs.  There's six charts in the series, each with two patterns, one for each month, so that if you have all of them there's one for each month of the year.  I mentioned I really like monthly themed patterns in my last post, didn't I?  My obsession strikes again.

I love the stylized simplicity of the cat outlines featured in these patterns, and often the sayings to accompany them for each month are quite clever.  I think my favorite set is actually January/February though, which is weird for me, because I don't normally go for winter/love patterns.

Of course, there's lots of other great Britty Kitty patterns, both holiday and everyday patterns.  But if I had to choose one other, I have seriously eyed this Britty Kitty stocking pattern for awhile.  I haven't actually taken the plunge of doing a cross stitch stocking yet, but I have always wanted to. 

Come back tomorrow for C's reveal!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! And I say go for the stocking! I've done four for our family and they're my most prized finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know those kitties yet, but they are very cute indeed :)

    ReplyDelete