Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A to Z Challenge: F is for Frogs

Today is Day 6 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  In case you haven't heard of this yet, the idea is to blog (almost) every day in April, taking one day for each letter of the alphabet.

F is for Frogs

I've never really been a frog person.  In fact, when I was 5 or so, I decided frogs really kind of grossed me out and scared me, and I put a "No Frogs Allowed" sign up in my bedroom window, where it stayed for a couple years until we moved.  (Of course, the frogs didn't listen, but that's another story).

However, I have a friend who really loves frogs, so that is the reason I picked up the Dimensions kit Tree Frog Trio, featuring artwork by Royce B. McClure.  Tree frogs I guess aren't nearly as intimidating I guess, maybe because of the pretty colors. 

Anyway, knowing today's post was coming up, I actually pulled Trio out of my closet to work on, since it's one of my 10 Turtle Trot pieces.  So although there hasn't been a lot of progress, there is some new stitching to show:


I'm almost done with that dark green, and then it will be onto the tweeded green (eep!) and then purple, and then other than gray shading, eyes, and backstitch Mr. Frog #1 will be done.  Doesn't sound like much when you put it that way, does it?

Incidentally, I also caved last year and bought the Design Works kit called Frog Pile.  Something about the bright colors in this one just called to me.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it once I finish it, since (as stated before) frogs aren't my thing.  Which is perhaps why I haven't started it yet.  If you notice some similarities between these two kits, you've got good eyes.  The Design Works kit features art also by Royce B. McClure.  An interesting fact I didn't realize until I had purchased both kits.

On to tomorrow, stitchers!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Love the frog pictures Alyssa but not the real ones either.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of this kits have been on my wishlist forever, I think they are really cute! But then I never was scared of or disgusted by frogs, I always tried to play with them as a kid - which made the poor things more afraid of me than anything else I assume :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 lovely frog designs! Have fun stitching your frogs - fingers crossed they don't have any stitching frog cousins to want to visit! :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete