Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A to Z Challenge: R is for Rules

Today is Day 18 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  If you are new to the blog and haven't heard of this challenge before, the basic idea is to blog (almost) every day in April, taking one day for each letter of the alphabet. Since I have a cross stitch blog, I am blogging about cross stitch patterns in my stash and on my wish list for this month of April.

R is for Rules

Today is a pure wish list post, and as such is rather long.  You've been warned.  

R is for rules, and specifically the Christmas Rules design by Lizzie Kate.  There are actually a series of (six?) charts from her "double flips" series, which means you actually get two charts for the price of one.  I really love all the individual Christmas rules in this series, and I think they look absolutely adorable all stitched together like this.  I think I especially like the "listen for reindeer" rule; there's something so whimsical about it.

And while we're on the subject of Lizzie Kate...

There's also a matching set to this one called Halloween Rules, which I like, but I like this series called Boo Club more.  These are just 1 word Halloween phrases with a cute little picture by them.  Actually, there's a Christmas version of Boo Club too (can't think of the name right now) that I do have in my stash, but the Christmas Rules pattern is still on my wish list.

There's also a series of one word patterns called Living With Charm that I also love.  These patterns were actually my introduction to Lizzie Kate.  One of the cross stitch forums I visit had a member who was stitching them, and stitching them together into one piece, and I just fell in love with the effect as a whole.

Now, I can appreciate single Lizzie Kate patterns too.  I love this one called Cat Lessons for People.  Those of you who are cat lovers will totally understand it.  She's also got one called Kitty String that's nice and simple, but I think if I had to choose one cat themed LK pattern, this would be it.

As I mentioned on "A" day in this challenge, I have a weakness for alphabets, and LK has a lot of them.  And although I admire a lot of them, I've really admired seeing this Christmas ABC chart being stitched up by several members during the Crazy Challenge back in January, and it's just kind of grown on me.

Of course, not to be outdone, my love of alphabets is also mirrored by my love of monthly patterns.  So I absolutely adore the Lizzie Kate Year of Blocks Flip Its patterns.  I have about 3 of these now, but someday hope to be able to collect all 12.  I also want to be able to stitch them in the recommend Weeks Dye floss someday, which is normally out of my budget, but I think in the backgrounds on these blocks it really makes such a difference.

So now that I've finished gushing about all things Lizzie Kate, and boring you with another long post, I wish you happy stitching for the rest of the day!

One of the other A to Z blogs I've been reading had the excellent idea of adding links to previous posts at the end of a particular day.  So if you'd like to see my previous A to Z entries:

A is for  Alphabet
B is for Britty Kitty
C is for Carousel
D is for Debbie Mumm
E is for Eat
F is for Frogs
G is for Garden Cat
H is for Hats 
I is for Ice
J is for Joan Elliott 
K is for Kokeshi 
L is for Lesley Teare
M is for Margaret Sherry 
N is for Noah's Ark
O is for Owls
P is for Pumpkins
Q is for Quaker
post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous post today! I do like LK designs. I've never seen the monthly ones stitched up together but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous post today! I do like LK designs. I've never seen the monthly ones stitched up together but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love many of those designs, as well of many others by L*K :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LK choices Alyssa. I have all of those in my stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete