So as promised, here's a round up of the finishes I mentioned in my Stitch From Stash check in yesterday.
First off, Friends for Life which is from an old issue of CrossStitcher magazine. This is the one I posted about at the end of last week, frantic because I needed to finish it no later than Monday. I spent Thursday and Friday nights furiously stitching, got up super early Saturday to work on it some more, and then had a brainstorm. The pattern originally called for some grass and sky detailing around the cat and dog, but by eliminating that it was still big enough for what I needed it for, and I was able to get it done much quicker.
This is definitely a pattern that benefitted greatly from the backstitch. Here's where it was on Sunday night after all the main stitching and just a little backstitch was done:
And here's where it ended up Monday after being completed:
Stitching details are 61 x 41 stitches (modified size) with charted DMC colors, done on 14 count aida, 3 over 1. Stitched for a Love Quilts project (and I really hope it arrives in time, because it was down to the wire). I started this on April 17th and finished in record time on April 27th.
This was definitely one of those most challenging pieces I've done in a long time. So. Many. Color. Changes. So many fractionals (which are challenging at best on Aida). Several french knots (which I'm terrible at). And I made a TON of mistakes. Hopefully despite all that it turned out okay. I think if I had known starting at the beginning I was going to leave off the background, I would have stitched it with 2 strands instead of 3. The pattern calls for 3 because some of the sky/grass are stitched with 1 strand to give it a varying thickness/shading effect, but it was a moot point since I didn't stitch those parts in the end.
Anyway, I also finished up my latest WOCS piece last weekend, the one I'm calling Egg Topiary:
The green egg has pink dots in it, although the photo on my phone was a little funky and didn't pick them up very well. This was stitched on 14 count white aida as a project for a spring quilt for World of Charity Stitching. It was stitched with the recommended DMC threads, and is a free pattern from Stickeule. I can't find the link at the moment, but I will post it later if I come across it.
So now those are over, I need to work on my latest round of the Frosted Pumpkin Round Robin I'm participating in through Facebook, as this will be due at the end of next week. Here's my latest start:
This is Woodland Sampler again, but I'm working on the October block this time (and owl). Working with linen again, yikes...