Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

A to Z Challenge: T is for Travel

Today is Day 20 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge, which means we're down to the last seven posts. If you are new to the blog and haven't heard of this challenge before, the basic idea is to blog (almost) every day in April, taking one day for each letter of the alphabet. Since I have a cross stitch blog, I am blogging about cross stitch patterns in my stash and on my wish list for this month of April.

T is for Travel

T is also for "trying to keep up" apparently.  I hope you all are enjoying these posts, as I'm getting a little burned out to tell the truth.  But with only 7 posts left to go, I am totally determined to finish.  I think next year I might try stitching things instead, a la the Crazy January Challenge, just for a bit of change!

Anyway, back to Travel.  I totally love Satsuma Street's Pretty Little Cities patterns, as I mentioned in my Garden Cat post (back on day G).  Unfortunately, they're a little out of my budget right now.  But I did manage to pick up some similar designs from Dailycrossstitch.com that I thought I'd share with you today.

First up, New York city.  Out of all the ones, this is the one I've actually visited.  I went there my senior year of college with our school for an internship expedition.  Luckily, my major (English) didn't require an internship to graduate, although they encouraged us to do one anyway (I didn't).  But it was fun visiting all the different businesses anyway.  We got to go to Random House's headquarters which was by far my favorite.  It was a book lover's paradise, and I would love to work there (though not live in Manhattan so much).  I would love to go back to NYC someday since we didn't have a lot of time to do the touristy things, even though I did get to do some. The one thing I don't want to repeat is falling down a whole flight of subway stairs.  My knee (and pride) wasn't the same for a week. 

Next up on travel around the world is London.  Most people are always surprised when I say this is the foreign city I want to see most.  Most think of Paris I guess.  But I would love to visit England, and Ireland, and Scotland all for probably like a month.  I have a slight obsession with all things British; I blame my BBC TV show addiction (I'm looking at you, PBS). Sadly, I'm not on the right side of the currency conversion for a trip to London anytime soon. 

Of course, Paris is on my travel list.  But not for the reasons you would think.  While seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and all that would be interesting, I really, really, really want to visit Paris so I can go to Disneyland Paris.  They have some of the most unique Disney rides not found anywhere else in the world: Phantom Manor, Crush's Coaster, a Pirates of the Caribbean featuring real fencing animatronics, a beautiful Sleeping Beauty's castle with a dragon in the basement... I could gush for awhile.  As a total Disney nut, going to Disneyland Paris would be a dream come true.

Which kind of blends into the next city, Tokyo.  I would like to see Tokyo of it's own accord, mostly because I was obsessed with anime in middle school (Sailor Moon for the win!).  But really, I mostly want to visit Tokyo Disneyland.  And even more importantly, Tokyo DisneySea.  If you think Paris has unique rides, Tokyo DisneySea is in it's own league entirely.  I salivate over the thought of visiting.  *sigh*  Maybe someday...  I will have to make sure to bring someone who speaks Japanese though (or at least a few words) because I only know like 5 words of Japanese (yes, what, good afternoon, cat, and meow).

And my last travel pattern I just picked up is this one, Amsterdam.  Which I don't really have a desire to visit at all, although visiting the Van Gogh museum might be nice.  But this pattern was just so cute and colorful, I had to add it to my stash anyway.

So that's the end of what I expected to be a short post, but has now turned out to be huge!  And if any of these patterns interest you, you can find them on Dailycrossstitch.com. 

One of the other A to Z blogs I've been reading had the excellent idea of adding links to previous posts at the end of a particular day.  So if you'd like to see my previous A to Z entries:

A is for  Alphabet
B is for Britty Kitty
C is for Carousel
D is for Debbie Mumm
E is for Eat
F is for Frogs
G is for Garden Cat
H is for Hats 
I is for Ice
J is for Joan Elliott 
K is for Kokeshi 
L is for Lesley Teare
M is for Margaret Sherry 
N is for Noah's Ark
O is for Owls
P is for Pumpkins
Q is for Quaker
R is for Rules 
S is Sue Hillis
post signature

5 comments:

  1. I finally got to go to London and lived it! I haven't been to visit Scotland or Ireland yet but they're next in my list. Like you I don't have a desire to see Paris except Disney lol lets go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see most of these cities as well...and then some more. Of the European capitals, I've only seen Berlin, Vienna (loved it! That one's highly underrated) and Prague, but London is *so* on my to-see list! I don't have much of a desire to the New York, not sure why, because I *have* to see Tokyo :D I'm even learning Japanese, though I've been told that as a tourist, you get around quite well even without knowing the language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was recently in London and highly recommend visiting London for history, culture, architecture and what not. Next on my travel list are Ireland and Scotland and someday may be Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I plan to stitch Satsuma Street's pretty little London soon in memory of my trip :)

    ReplyDelete