So I kind of disappeared for a lot of June, didn't I? As I mentioned in my last stitching update post, things were a little difficult for me health-wise. Add to that a crazy stressful month at work, and things have been sparse on the blogging front. I even missed most of my check-ins for the last month including TUSAL, WIPocalypse, Smalls SAL, and Stitch From Stash. I'm definitely feeling better from the almost-pneumonia, and although I have some additional health things I'm waiting to sort out, things are doing better than they were, so that's progress. I'm hoping to get back on top of things this month.
Although I may not have been blogging much, I still have been doing some stitching, so I do have progress to share with you.
I finished my fish pond square and sent it off to Love Quilts in time for the end of the month deadline:
This ended up being a pretty quick and easy stitch. It was done with charted DMC threads, 2 over 1 on white 14 count Aida. It is a free pattern from Happy Stitch, which you can find over at that blog. There's even a matching cat pattern as well.
Moving right along, there is of course the always progressing Frosted Pumpkin Round Robin project I'm participating in via Facebook. This month brought the Once Upon A Time sampler to my door. This one will be interesting because the owner of the pattern actually made quite a few of her own conversions to the originally. I'm stitching Rapunzel this time around, and here's my progress so far:
Yeah, so I haven't done much yet. Mostly just the two borders, and then that bit of tree you can see over there on the left. I'm actually struggling with this fabric. Most of the other round robin pieces have more or less got me used to stitching on linen/evenweave, but I don't know if it's the color of this particular one or what, but I'm having a very hard time with the over 2. I've had to pick out a lot of stuff so far. The color is beautiful though, so I'm loving that.
In other news, Sunshine by Satsuma Street is moving right along. I almost finished the sun side of the face, but ran out of the yellow, so I moved on to starting some of the rays while I wait for a chance to obtain more of the yellow floss in the meantime.
It's actually turning out a little smaller than I pictured it, but that's okay. This will be a square for World of Charity Stitching, so although it's technically "deadline stitching" the due date is pretty flexible, so I'm taking my time and enjoying it.