Hello stitching friends! I realized with the January challenge, I'm not posting updates nearly as often as I did. Of course, there's not really anything new going on, haha. But here's a look at what I've been working on lately.
First of all, I have a finish! That's right, Perfume Bottle is finally done, done, done!
Please excuse the wrinkles. I obviously took this pic right after it came off the Q-snaps.
Don't get me wrong, I liked working on this one, but I am glad it is finished. Sometimes stitching on a deadline is no fun. I'm not completely 100% happy with the way the colors turned out. I think the petals in the front of the flowers don't go so well, and the purple in the stripes is a little too light. Oh well. I modified this one a bit too, making the atomizer part of the bottle smaller and moved some of the flower leaves around a bit to make up for a miscalculation in finished size. (oops)
This is for a Ladies Accessories quilt being made by World of Charity Stitching. It's done on 14 count plain white aida with DMC threads. I started this project on January 9th as part of the Crazy January Challenge and finished it this weekend on February 7th. Hmmm. Almost a month down to the day. It is a free pattern from the French blog Passion Broderie 77 and can be found here if you'd like to stitch it yourself.
So after finishing that project, I started to work on Rainbow Mandala again, which is actually turning out to go quite quickly when you don't have huge blocks of color to fill in.
There's something about the methodical way this design is put together that makes it very soothing. Like coloring a real mandala I suppose. This will be six rings in different colors when I'm finished. I chose to do neon colors and do them from light to dark, rather than traditional rainbow order.
I also got a start on my first project for the Frosted Pumpkin Round Robin I'm participating in through a Facebook group. The first project I get to work on is the Once Upon a Time sampler.
I chose February to work on because, well, it's February, and it also had the convenience of being one square above the original stitching done by the project's owner. This will be the Frog Prince when I'm finished with it, although all you can see I have done now is the border and a big "smooch!"