Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Stitch from Stash February 2015

It's time for another 2015-A Stitch From Stash Check In!

Month: February
Spent: $36.40
Earned: $16.00

And here is the breakdown of what happend.  So far, you know, I'm really not doing so well on this not-buying-stash thing.  But I just had to get this lot of back issues of Cross Stitch Gold off eBay, since these are so hard to find in the States:


And of course I ended up planning a whole new series of Christmas gifts, so that meant 4 Mill Hill purchases needed to be made:



Hmmm, expect the Christmas lights one.  That one's all for me.  I freely admit it.

Luckily, I had two finishes this month, Perfume Bottle (90 x 80 stitches) and Rainbow Mandala (67 x 67 stitches), and both were freebie patterns with fabric and threads from stash, so I was able to count those towards my final budget.  Both earned me $8 each in bonuses.  So again, thanks to Mel's generosity, I didn't actually go over budget at all.  Yay!



Actually, I had one more finish for the month so far (no picture yet though, sorry!), which was my block for the Frosted Pumpkin Round Robin sampler.  But since I didn't pay for pattern, fabric, or threads for that one, I am not counting it for SFS.  

Finally tally for the month:

Starting balance: $0.70
February budget: $25
Finish bonuses: $16   
Total:  $41.70 to spend in February
- Total stash purchases: $36.40

Ending balance: $5.30

So now I've shown you how I was naughty and bought things, let me show you what I DIDN't buy this month (although I came really close). My main temptations this month were:



Two of the Mill Hill new Owlets kits.  How adorable are these?  Between my love of owls and love of Mill Hill, I almost caved on this.

Also, this pattern:

I don't know why, but I'm really on a Mary Poppins kick lately.  Disney version of course, both Broadway and movie though.  So this pattern totally sang to me.

But I resisted!  Haha!  So now I have a little more wiggle room in the budget to use next month if needed...
post signature

6 comments:

  1. Great new stash and well done on the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your two finishes! They look great :o)
    I can see why you nearly bought the owls... aren't they adorable?
    I hope you get them eventually.... keep saving those stash $$'s
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mary Poppins one is adorable! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well. Planning all my gift making into my budget is a problem fore me too, but one that can be managed, I suppose. Those owls really are adorable, I'm sure you'll have a little budget left over to treat yourself to one of those eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice grab on ebay and at least you have the finishes to make it all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice eBay finds! I don't search there often as I know it would probably lead to us going broke haha. That banana split is so cute.

    ReplyDelete