Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Friday, March 13, 2015

Free Pattern Friday: March Birthday Cake

Happy Friday everyone!  Today is my birthday, so we have a birthday themed free cross stitch pattern to feature today.

Today's pattern is from a series of monthly themed birthday cakes designed by the wonderful Brooke of Brooke's Books back in 2008/2009.  And since it is March, this is the March themed birthday cake.  I love it.  Normally March in monthly patterns is all shamrocks or Easter, and I feel like my lovely birthday gets so eclipsed.  I want something spring-y!  This cake has lots of nice Easter touches, with a few little shamrocks too in case you're wanting that Irish flair.

Now the catch for this pattern is, it's a little bit harder to get a hold of.  You will need to join the Brooke's Books Yahoo group to get access to this series of freebies.  But they're adorable, so I highly suggest that you do!  This post on Brooke's blog has all the details about how to find the PDF of this free cross stitch pattern. 

Happy stitching!

P.S.  Okay, so for those of you who were hoping for a St. Patrick's Day pattern... Brooke also has a freebie  of this amazing Celtic knot shamrock available for direct PDF download on her website.  She designed this pattern for her husband, isn't that so amazingly sweet?  So there you go, two free cross stitch patterns in one day, both from the same amazing designer.  You're welcome.  :)

post signature




If you ever come across one of my posts that contains a chart that breaks copyright law, please email me and let me know right away. In picking and posting my free cross stitch pattern posts, I make every effort to ensure the designs I share are legitimately free charts.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday on your vacation! :D Love that shamrock pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Lovely cake pattern - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually got all of the cake patterns a while back, they are really great, all of them :)

    ReplyDelete