Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

My Stitching Prodigies

Hello from the other side of a move. 

Well, sort of.  We're in temporary digs while we look for something more permanent.  Which means most of my stuff is staying packed for now.  Including most of my stitchy stuff.  It's a bit of a Catch 22, because having to repack everything when it comes time to move again would be really stressful, but without my stitchy stuff I'm having trouble finding a stress-releasing activity...

Anyway!

My brother and sister-in-law stopped through town to help us move for a few weeks and once we had a bit of free time he was able to update me on his stitching progress:



Not bad for a beginner!  Excuse the terrible quality of the photo, I took this with my phone and it's not a good picture even once it's touched up a bit. 

And although my sister-in-law already knew the cross stitch basics, I did get her started on a Soda Stitch pattern, which gave me the opportunity to walk her through how to do backstitch:



I just love my little stitching prodigies.  :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you, I've been in that temporary status before. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you to get settled.
    Wow, look at them both, they look great! Having a good teacher certainly helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whelp, it must be terrible not to have anything to stitch for stress relieve! I think for me that'd be enough reason to go out and buy some small kit and frame just to have SOMETHING to do! But at least you get to 'stitch' via proxy of your new recruits :) I hope the rest of your moving process goes fast and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete