Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was actually pretty busy since we spent most of it trying to my brother up and ready for his move to Orlando for his "summer" break for the next three-ish months. But I still kept up with at least a little stitching for my January challenge, so here's what I worked on.
Friday night I was feeling pretty dead because we'd had a pretty rough week at work, so I decided rather than go allllllll the way across the room to my work bag and pull out Fa La La, I would just pick up Swirly Lollipop and do a few stitches. Managed to put a stripe and a half in so now it looks like this:
I had a bit of a mini heart attack moment where I thought I had centered it wrong on the fabric, but after 30 minutes of counting and measuring and recounting I think it's actually okay. I'm liking the way it's turning out so far.
Saturday night I decided to pull open the latest sampler round project I had just gotten in the mail. It's Garden Stars by Ink Circles which if you haven't seen it before, is an absolute HUGE project featuring all sorts of mandala type motifs. I don't think I correctly internalized just how big this project was when I looked at pictures of it online at the beginning of the of round robin. I got a nice chunk of the mandala motif I'll be finishing for this round one, I think maybe about 1/6 of the way done?
The colors got bleached out a bit in the picture, but there's all sorts of green used. The motif I'm working on isn't my favorite green color, but it's interesting to see how it fits in with those around it.
Sunday (yesterday) I figured perhaps it was time to mix it up a bit since so far I've worked almost exclusively on new starts. I decided to pull out a WIP project instead, and pulled out one of my oldest, Silent Night by Mill Hill. This is going to be a gift for a family friend who collects nativities, and originally it was supposed to be given as a Christmas present two years ago, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to work on it lately. Not sure why since I really enjoyed it through the first 1/2 or so, but I've been bogged down on the top and haven't gotten much progress on it in almost 2 years.
So I pulled out Silent Night while catching up on Downton Abbey last night and went from this:
Not much progress, but at least the top is starting to look like something a little more now. The light bleached out the colors a bit on this picture, they're closer to life in the top picture. I did get to stitch with my Christmas Ott light, so that was exciting!
Tonight will probably be another WIP project, since I just am not sure I'm in the mood for something new again. Guess we'll see what tonight brings after work.