Welcome to Brownie's Chair, my blog about all things cross stitch. Feel free to have a look around, and email me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Halloween Quaker: New Start 9.15.14

So here's my latest project.  I've been working on lots of Christmas things lately (progress updates to come on those later).  But I've been seeing lots of projects coming out lately in my stitching forum and it's made me want to focus on Halloween instead of Christmas.  Combine that with a cute little Halloween qsnap grime guard I made the other day, and I needed to find a Halloween project.

Unfortunately, since the new job has not actually had a paycheck yet, my budget is REALLY limited right now.  So although my dream Halloween wish list project would probably be Ursula Michaels' Let's Trick or Treat or Lizzie*Kate's Double Flip Boo Club series, I really don't have the money for it at the moment.

So I went searching for a free Halloween pattern, and come across a Quaker style Halloween sampler that I liked.  Which is weird for me, because I normally don't like that style of projects, so I've never done a Quaker before.  But something about this pattern drew me.  I didn't like a few of the elements, so I modified it a bit and made it my own, and adjusted the colors a bit, and now I've got something I'm really excited about.

Here's the progress so far:


Not really sure why I decided to start in the lower left corner, but hey. That spider is one of my least favorite elements (I hate spiders!) so maybe I was just trying to get it over with. But I think it will look great once the whole thing is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment